Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Proposal



It was a Thursday night, February 12th to be exact... Chase and I had both agreed not to exchange Valentine's Day gifts so I was completely caught off guard when he came up to me with something behind his back and said, "I got you something for Valentine's Day". He had a huge suspicious smile on his face! He told me to close my eyes and hold out my hand so I did...I was expecting chocolate (he knows how much I love sweets!) but to my surprise I opened my eyes and in my hands I was holding an unwrapped new Sony digital camera. I started to cry because I thought it was such a sweet and expensive gift. My old camera is falling apart and Chase knew how much I have been wanting a new one because I take pictures ALL the time. He told me that he was soooo sorry that it wasn't pink and we could try to exchange it if the silver wasn't good enough! haha I didn't care about the color....I LOVED it! THEN, he told me that he had already taken a picture on it so of course I turn it on to see. My heart stopped when I saw a picture of a BEAUTIFUL diamond ring. I looked up at him very confused and he said, "Where was that picture taken?" I looked closely and I could tell that the ring in the picture was taken in his truck.... I immediately started crying even more and he pulled the ring out of his pocket and said, "Princess will you marry me???" I just jumped on him before I could say anything and I gave him the biggest hug EVER!!! Then he sadly said, "You didn't even say anything....." and I then said "YES!!!!!" We are planning on having the wedding sometime next Summer 2010. I will keep you updated on everything as the planning progresses!

"We don't need no 5 star reservations..." Darius Rucker
This is the night that I got my new camera and Chase proposed.....we look a little rough! haha


This is the picture that I saw on the camera!

1 comment:

  1. The 12th is a good day. Our 1st date was on Sep. 12. Chris proposed exactly 1 year later on Sep. 12 and then we got married on march 12! It's definitely a good number! We're excited for y'all...but zebra, really!?!

    Chloe sends hugs and kisses and can't wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete